All 13 art Reviews

The Bottle Shot Attendant The Bottle Shot Attendant

Ah it's all there.

I remember my time as a Bottle Shop Attendant, and it was strikingly similar to this, especially the wrinkled clothes, vacant stare and shoes. However I never had a scanner or a customer assault me (I do know of a person that did get hit a couple times though). All in all, a great image, and the only thing I'd recommend if you would further develop this is to add the store background, all dimly lit and such.

Newgrounds Newgrounds

It's Excellent

The Grayscale artistic approach was definitely the best choice for what you've created. Your art style is modern and proportions are great. The only real part that irks me is the barrel over the W, it seems a bit off. Other then that, nice work.

Xombie Xombie

It has that cartoon feeling

The way you portrayed him with teeth standing up and a wave make your work have that friendly feeling. The colors are pretty basic, with some simple shading and highlights. The background is barren with a few curly trees(?)
To improve, I would suggest you made his bandolier belt a bit more standing out with shading. Other then that, Nice work, it looks great.

ShortMonkey responds:

Thanks for the review!

"I can tell that the mood for this is dark humor, because something, just doesn't seem right about it..."

Actually, humour is unintentional. However, what makes it feel a bit 'not right' is the pupils in the eyes.

Subaru Impreza STI Subaru Impreza STI

It's Excellent, truly excellent

I love the way you've added shading and light using acrylic paints, especially on the Headlight of the STi. The blending below the front fender looks spectacular, and altogether gives this work a great sense of power. The mistakes on the rim shape, and on the headlight, are only noticeable if you are looking for them, so don't be hard on your self.

10/10
Also, when you run out of ideas, there's always the "make a Supra Close-up with acrylic paints" one :)
Great work

z28ump responds:

ThanksSupraAddict. I know it's not too obvious to others, but every time I see it I'm thinking, "Why I didn't see the mistake before painting"...

And I'll be sure to put that Supra on my to do list. :)
May be a while before I get to it with school starting up though... :(

NG VaultBoy: Level 3 NG VaultBoy: Level 3

Great picture, but

I couldn't help but notice that your shadowing is scattered. There are different points of light that don't make very much sense.

Fluorescence Fluorescence

Not Bad

I love the colors you've added into the universe. Instead of having it the typical black with white stars, you went for a more fundamental approach. Great work positioning-wise as well.

Deagles Deagles

Great work drawing the Deagle, son.

I don't know why, but last time I tried to draw one of those bastards I just couldn't do it. Your style is excellent; everything is in proportion, and the radial/linear tool was used to the best of its abilities.

fallensoul289 responds:

Thank you for the review. This is one of my better peices of art. It took me some time to do this and the radial tool was used prefectly.

1965 Mustang 1965 Mustang

Not bad

The simplicity of it is what makes it so outstanding, although on the rims and bumpers, you should replace the radial tool with something else...

Also, for a sleeker look, highlight most of the lines and instead of having them black, make them a shade of orange so that they blend in with the car more.

Overall not bad, but add a background!

fallensoul289 responds:

Yes I agree I will add a backround and prehaps make the rims alot better.

Saleen S7 Saleen S7

That is one of the best S7s I've seen

Great work on this car; the camera angle could be a bit higher to demonstrate how sleek and low it is, but it would give it a less powerful look. You really gave it a great blend between the two. The reflection is something close to flawless.
Overall, I'm dissatisfied that you haven't drawn a Supra yet, but great work ;)

Randy-355 responds:

Thanks!

Now a Supra... I was behind one of those today. Maybe I'll try my hand on drawing one!

74 Harley 74 Harley

It looks great man

I admit I'm a little jealous; I tried to use modeler, but I can't do anything as close to your art work. It's a strong composition, and it definitely looks like you spent a lot of time on it. Congratulations!

Kinsei responds:

thanks, I did take a little time with it. my next project is a '09 Z28 Camaro in full detail including the interior of the car